From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Cathy Burns
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 10:03 AM
Subject: Query re funding 1:1 time for ESOL ILPs and tutorials

Dear Colleagues

NATECLA has received an enquiry from a colleague whose college is interpreting their LSC rules as meaning that GLH can only be used for whole group teaching i.e. not to use any of it for 1:1 ESOL ILP/tutorial sessions.  They are now at a loss as to how to fund 1:1 time. I  would be very grateful if anyone could  let me know how your college is funding 1:1 ESOL ILP/tutorial sessions and whether you are using whole group GLH to do this.
Thank you.

Cathy Burns
NATECLA National Centre
South Birmingham College
Room HB110,Hall Green Campus
Cole Bank Road
Birmingham
B28 8ES

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at: http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]