Dear Colleagues

NATECLA has received an enquiry  from a colleague whose college is
interpreting their LSC rules as meaning  that GLH can only be used for whole group
teaching i.e. not to use any of  it for 1:1 ESOL ILP/tutorial sessions.  They are
now at a loss as to  how to fund 1:1 time. I  would be very grateful if anyone
could  let me know how your college is funding 1:1 ESOL ILP/tutorial sessions
and  whether you are using whole group GLH to do this.
Thank  you.

Cathy  Burns

NATECLA National Centre
South Birmingham College
Room HB110,Hall  Green Campus
Cole Bank Road
Birmingham
B28  8ES

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at:
http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm
To contact the list owner, send an email to