Keynote/Plenary speakers: Prof. Julia Twigg and Prof. Chris Shilling

Date: 15th January 2008.
Venue: Weetwood Hall, University of Leeds.

Abstract deadline: 30th November 2007.
Registration deadline: 20th December 2007.

Key note address: Prof. Julia Twigg, (University of Kent). Prof. Twigg
will talk about ‘mapping the territory’ for the body in social policy.

Afternoon Plenary: Prof. Chris Shilling, (University of Kent), paper
title: 'The Body Pedagogics of Human Wellbeing.'

This one day conference aims to foster dialogue between sociological
theory and social policy by exploring contemporary debates around issues
such as age and ageing, care and care-giving, disability, health and well-
being, social capital and social exclusion.

We welcome abstracts from researchers working within and across the
disciplines of sociology and social policy.

For further information please contact the conference organisers: Angharad
Beckett ([log in to unmask]) or Justin Waring

For registration forms, or to submit an abstract of no more than 300 words
(as MS word attachment or in body of an email), please contact Sam Barrett

Please note that the conference venue is accessible.

Archives and tools are located at: