http://www.salford.ac.uk/events/details/703

Date: 05/11/2007 - 07/11/2007

National Dyslexia Week takes place from 5-12 November 2007. As part of this National awareness-raising campaign, the University of Salford is organising a Dyslexia Symposium.
From 5-9 November, we will be staging a series of workshops, lectures and activities with leading experts from Britain and America. Delegates will be invited to explore this controversial condition from a variety of perspectives:
Does Dyslexia really exist?It is really a disability?Is it in fact a different way of learning and seeing the world?We will look at the personal benefits it can bring, as well as the difficulties it can present, whether to students, to teaching staff, to other professionals, to members of the public.
The symposium will investigate what it means to be dyslexic, its impact on all aspects of academic life, how it affects work right across the University from marketing to careers advice. In the workshops we will examine the innovatory work going on at Salford and share in expertise from other UK universities.
We will hear from academics, from practitioners in the field, and from students. If you are dyslexic, we want to hear your views on the quality of support you get, the coping strategies you have developed, and how some of you have been able to gain improvements by working together. We are currently finalising our Programme. You can view the draft schedule here.
Most events and activities will be free and open to all staff and students at Salford an neighbouring universities and to any interested members of the public.
Watch this web page for more information about the Symposium, and about how you can get involved, or register now for attendance .
For more information, call 0161 295 9000, or email [log in to unmask]
http://www.equality.salford.ac.uk/dyslexia_symposium/

All emails are checked before they are sent on to the list. Please see the original "Welcome to the DAN Mailing list message" for further information. DAN mail list archives from 1 May 1999 are available at the Yahoo Group web site here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/danmail/messages . Free our people.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: