-----Original Message-----
From: Discussion list for disabled students and their support staff.
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ruth Harris
Sent: 10 October 2007 14:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Dvds and mushrooms

1) To my knowledge it depends on whether or not subtitles have been
added by
the DVD creator.

2) Try Forrest books for DVDs, CDs and other resources on Deaf Issues
http://www.forestbooks.com/pages/.

Your wild mushroom sounds interesting...

Ruth

> Two questions:
>
> 1)   Forgive my ignorance - DVD players - if I put a DVD in DVD player
-
> is there a way of getting subtitles or does it depend on the DVD?
>
> 2) I am interested in showing a short DVD in a deaf awareness session
> which is up to date and covers a range of deaf awareness issues?  (The
> first and second question are separate issues).  Does anyone know of
any
> good ones?
>
> Ps - has anyone ever heard of a wild mushroom which can restore
hearing
> a bit?!! I went on a mushroom hunt and was told about it, I will have
> get the name of the mushroom, I can't remember it now.
>

> Best wishes,
>
> Brigid

> Brigid Callaghan
> Senior Disability Adviser
> Student Services
> University of Bolton
> Deane Rd
> Bolton
> BL3 5AB
> To make an appointment: 01204  903733.
> Direct line: 01204 903803
> Minicom: 01204 903490
>
> Please do not print off this email unless absolutely necessary - save
> the planet.

Disability Librarian
Accessible Resources Acquisition and Creation Unit (ARACU)
Osney One Building, Osney Mead
(2)83861