I value the ambivalence : certainty of any kind seems dangerous to me, despite retaining a belief that there are truths .  I find the muddled complex, compromise, connected  middle ground rather attractive ( maybe because I;m a woman?) , and am worried about the dangers of polarising good/ evil; right/wrong. Positive psychology to me is all these thing, and more: refreshing, non-pathologising, hopeful, naďve, seductive, collusive. And our list all these things and more:  challenging, provocative, self-righteous,  honest, deluded, self-serving, other-serving; connected, disjointed.

Annie

Annie Mitchell

Clinical Director,

Doctorate in Clinical Psychology,

School of Applied Psychosocial Studies,

Faculty of Health and Social Work,

University of Plymouth,

Peninsula Allied Health Collaboration,

Derriford Road,

Plymouth,

Devon

PL6 8BH

Phone  Programme Administrators:
Jane Murch, Emma Hellingsworth

01752 233786

Please note I  work 3 days per week:

usually Monday, Tuesday & either Wednesday or Thursday.