Cannot beat the price of a TriTek imager – CrystalPro. For the price this is probably the optimum product.

Artem

Note – I am not associated with TriTek and in fact our lab uses Formulatrix imagers, but these are much more expensive.

From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Page, Rebecca
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 6:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ccp4bb] Cost-effective imaging systems: recommendations and opinions requested

Dear CCP4 community,

I know this question has been posted before, but imaging systems are updated so often that I’d like to post it again.

I am considering purchasing a crystal imaging system.

I am looking for a system that is

1) cost-effective

2) straightforward to use

3) suitable for a low-medium throughput (2-4 academic laboratories; with primary use by graduate students)

4) nice clear crystals images

I am interested in all systems, but I’d be especially interested to know how people feel about the ArtRobbins CrysCam, including its pros and cons and if there are any other comparable systems available for a similar price. If you have an imaging system you are especially fond of (or regret buying), any information that you can provide about that system is very welcome as well, as is any information about the associated software.

I’ll compile and re-post all comments and opinions for everyone else who might find this information useful.

Thanks very much in advance,

Rebecca

Rebecca Page

Brown University