On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Iain Kerr wrote:
> The cumulative intensity distribution plot from crystal A did suggest
> partial twinning (attached, doesn't look too bad though..)

notwithstanding other plots/statistics, does the cum. intens. dist. plot
(e.g. from truncate) really show a continuum from untwinned to twinned?

i.e, if the plots are 'overlapped in the middle', no question - twinned.
but, if the plots are 'a little off, but not in the middle' can this
result (alone) really mean the data is - as we want to say - partially
twinned?  i.e. is the plot robust only for the detection of perfect
twinning?

-bryan