Dear all,

Astonishingly, another three months has gone by since the last update, so
here is the latest round-up. As I said before, if any of what I say makes
your ears prick up and you'd like further information, please email me.

So here goes:

Middle & Far East
A tentative enquiry from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia which I was able to link with
an ex-pat UK scientist who wanted to start a café there. And another from
Pune, in India, which should start quite soon.

South/Central  America:
Brazil continues to flourish, with a café soon to start in Curitiba, plus an
enquiry from Monterrey, Mexico

USA & Canada
Cafes have recently started in Brookings, SD; Evanston, IL, College Station,
TX and definitely thinking about it are Stanford, CA (in the Blood Donation
Centre - should've had their first meeting at Hallow'een!), Atlanta,
Rochester, NY, Washington DC (Reiters Books), Winter Park, FL

Europe:
The British Council in Bulgaria has been running cafes for a little while,
so I've happily added their url to the Europe page

UK
The Southampton café has relaunched 'under new management' and new cafes
started in Strathfillan and Cheltenham this month. Dorchester will start
next month (with junior and senior cafes). I've had enquiries from
Wallingford (Oxfordshire), Stirling, Bradford and a possible re-launch in
Birmingham. Plus, we now have 60 cafes in schools (well done Mary!) -
four-fifths of our way to our target, with nine months left to go!

Please bear in mind these are only developments that people have told me
about. I'm quite sure there are more out there - I don't pretend to be the
fount of all café wisdom! Whenever I get an email from someone interested in
starting a café, I always give them contact details for their nearest cafes
(and I know in some countries 'near' is a long way indeed!) in the hope that
they will be able to garner more local information.

Next update in January.

Best wishes

Ann