Hello

BB 6.2.3 Enterprise

Has anyone had any issues with the snapshot import process regarding the
password fields?

I have found instances that the users imported details within the
database i.e. the passwords that should be MD5 converted, do not appear
to be converted properly.  To confirm this, I have found a non working
account with a users passwords, noted the MD5, retrieved the users clear
txt password, converted this to MD5 and compared and they do not match.
I also pasted the (my converted) MD5 into the users password field in
the database and then logged in as the student.

Does anyone know why some accounts are not converted to MD5 correctly,
it cannot be the PK that BB users as one I have created locally works.

Any thoughts as we have a number of students whose accounts look normal
in the snapshot file, but some accounts will not log in with the
password format.

I was thinking that maybe the BB database requires a unique entry for
the password field so that any subsequent same entries might be modified
by BB in some way to produce a different MD5, would this be possible?

Also, our feed comes from MIS, should at the time of data input, the
password field is incorrectly entered, null entry or a default one
entered then modified at a later date, this would mean that on the
initial account creation the details are wrong but are correct on a
later import, this would explain why the MD5 is different from the
actual one.  Our password fields are a convoluted string of DOB and
username and are BB owned as not to over right on the next days imports.

Any thoughts?

Best Regards,

Paul Beal

Server / Applications Administrator