From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Sarpaki Anaya
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2007 6:47 PM
Subject: Re: cess pit mineralised material

Naomi hello and anyone out there,

Yes, there is a possibility that this material could be from incompletely digested food....although I do not know how one could define this!! I have no idea of anyone having done experiments such as archaeozoologists have done!! Yet, what makes me think it is partly digested is the shape of legumes..some of which seem to have been "bitten"....also seeds which seem like fig seeds have concretions around looking like mineralised flesh (?)....

Regarding the rodents..yes, I seem to have a few bones...maybe some individuals...I wonder whether "methane" which would exist in these sewares would get the rodents "high" to a point to loose consciousness!!...and drown...

Thank you for Green's ref. I also traced another ref. Pelling, R.2000a The charred and mineralised plant remains.In B.M.Charles, et al., A bronze Age ditch and Iron Age Settlement at Elms Farm, Humberstore, Licester. Trasactions of Leicestershire Arch.Hist. Society 74: 207-213. I cannot trace it here in Crete so if the author or anyone else who has access to a full pdf. has it I would be very grateful.

It is fun....from burnt dung to human dung.....!!

Thank you for the response,
Anaya