Dear All,

I know the ECU are about to issue guidance on this, if they have not done so already.

I suspect that this will include the sense that this should have a foreword from a 'senior manager' as the original should have. It should also focus on what the working party or similar body have prioritised and what has been achieved by the DES and what ongoing challenges the DES is tackling. I assume that any working party will have good representation from both disabled staff and students and that this will feed into what the report might include.

As we were one of the HEIs whose DES the DRC surveyed, we will probably produce a structured report including the areas that were focussed on by the DRC namely:

Involvement
Information Gathering
Impact Assessment
Action Planning

We were very pleased with the DRC's response to our DES and this gives us much encouragement to continue with the work on many fronts that the DED / DES has been an excellent catalyst for.

Happy to speak to colleagues off list if we can reduce the workload together.

Best wishes,

Pete Quinn
==============================
Peter Quinn
Senior Disability Officer
University of Oxford

View the University's first Disability Equality Scheme( DES) at http://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/eop/disab/des.shtml

T.   +44 01865 289840
F.   +44 01865 289830
E.    [log in to unmask]
W.   www.admin.ox.ac.uk/eop/
Post: Diversity and Equal Opportunities Unit, University Offices, Wellington Square, Oxford OX1 2JD
In person: 5 Worcester Street Oxford [2nd floor] level access to main entrance with lift access to second floor
[map of this location can be found by clicking on http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=OX1+2bx&ie=UTF8&ll=51.754214,-1.26317&spn=0.006549,0.014462&z=16&iwloc=addr&om=1
==============================

Fehmeeda Riaz <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: HE Administrators equal opportunities list <[log in to unmask]>

29/10/07 10:10
Please respond to
HE Administrators equal opportunities list              <[log in to unmask]>

cc
Subject
Re: Disability Equality Scheme - a year on

Thank you, Lynda.  This is extremely helpful.

Fehmeeda Riaz
University of Westminster

HR Manager - Equality & Diversity
HR Department, 5th Floor, Copland Building

115 New Cavendish Street

London, W1W 6UW

Tel: 020-7911-5776