From: A discussion list for Assistive Technology professionals. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lewis, Tony
Sent: 02 October 2007 16:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Liability fo Fitment of Vehicle Docking Systems to NHS wheelchairs.

Has anyone had experience of fitting a Docking plate to a Powered Wheelchair.The Docking platefits under the wheelchair and will automatically couple with the anchor system in the vehicle.The wheelchair user is then able to drive the vehicle from the wheelchair independantly.Motability have requested this and take on the adaption , assessment process and fitting as a rule.But i have one case where a private purchase has been made and the question of Liability has been raised as the Client is anticipating that the NHS agrees to the adaptions and accepts the liabilty for the modifications.Any thoughts ??.Regards Tony Lewis .SRE. West Dorset Wheelchair Service.