I identified an identical bone from medieval Stafford Castle (Phase 3 1325-50). As I listed it under 'Large Mammal' with the comment probably cattle, it did not appear in the comments on cattle bones as it should have. I noted that one had also been identified by Barbara Noddle from a Saxo-Norman context from Walton, Aylesbury. There is a picture in her report. Plate VIII (d) and a comment on pg 287. "An account of this condition is given by Epstein, who cites a reference by Duerst that the condition has been found in a European Simmental."

Noddle, B.A. 1976. 'The Animal Bones from Walton' pg 269-289 in Farley, M.E. Saxon and Medieval Walton (Aylesbury). Records of Bucks Vol XX Part 2.