Hello colleagues,
at Carshalton College we are expanding our advanced practitioners posts to encompass a full mentoring and coaching service to all new teachers at the college ( regardless of their experience of teaching). The role is to support teachers with a variety of teaching and learning issues including the use of resoures, and eLearning, classroom management, embedding of basic and key skills and to act as a support buddy for new teachers. The programme also include support for those teachers who are consistently a grade 4 or not progressing. It will also be available as a self-referal to those teachers who might be interested in the programme.

Has anybody out there done something similar? If so We are interested in knowing if you had a job description? A contact? or an agreement of duties and responsibilities for such a team and if so what were these?

As you can see what is required is a tall order and we would like to be precise about what is expected to be able to reward people accordingly.  If you have any ideas to share, or any feedback from your experience if you been involved in such initiative I would be most grateful to hear from you.

Many thanks

Saboohi Famili

Head of e-Learning & Learning Resources

Carshalton College

Nightingale Road,

Carshalton, Surrey

SM5 2EJ

Direct Line:

+44 (0) 20 8544 4349

Mobile:

+44 (0) 7736 33 8087

Fax:

+44 (0) 20 8544 4488

Email:

Website:

www.carshalton.ac.uk

Always think about the ENVIRONMENT before printing

Confidentiality: This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the
above-named only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in
error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show
them to anyone; please reply to this e-mail and highlight the error.

Security Warning: Please note that this e-mail has been created in
the knowledge that e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium.
We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when
e-mailing us.

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with
good computing practice the recipient should ensure that they are
actually virus free.

Views Expressed: The views expressed in the e-mail are the
responsibility of the individual who has sent the e-mail and do not
necessarily represent the views or policies of the College. The
person who has sent this e-mail is personally liable for the content
of the e-mail.