Dear collegues,

I've updated my website http://homepages.uni-tuebingen.de/
matthias.reimold/mascoi with a new version of MASCOI. Besides a small
bug that is now corrected (see below), I haven't received any bug
reports for half a year now, so I am releasing Version 2.1 final (no
beta status anymore).

Changes since V2.1b:
- after loading another t-map, the filename displayed at the upper
left of the window is now correctly updated (this was a bug)
- There's now a "select all" / "unselect all" command in the MenuBar.
This function is particularly helpful on slower machines, where
clicking on each row may take quite some time

Mascoi is an SPM-toolbox that can be used to browse the results of an
SPM analysis, to explore atlas labels and to create bitmaps for
publication. In particular, mascoi offers a side-by-side comparison
of traditionally thresholded t-maps and "masked contrast images",
created with a previously published algorithm. I recommend using
masked contrast images for documentation for the following reasons:
- peak coordinates are anatomically more precise, particularly if
images were smoothed (between-subject comparison, PET, VBM)
- colorcodes reflect the "signal" itself instead of the "signal-to-
noise" ratio. Particularly if there is no doubt about the statistical
significance of a finding, one might be interested in an outcome
measure that is independent from the local noise.

give it a try...

Your sincerely,
Matthias Reimold

Dr. med. Matthias Reimold
Dept. of Nuclear Medicine and PET-Center
Röntgenweg 15
72076 Tübingen
Tel.: +49 7071 29 86406 or 87681
Mobil: +49 1727366730