Dear SPM-ers,

I have some very basic questions, but I would appreciate if someone could answer...

I have SPECT images of a group of Parkinson patients before and after the therapy; and images of control persons...

In order to compare the brain activity of controls and that of patients, I do two-sample-ttest. As the first group I enter the controls, and as the second group I enter the corresponding patients.
How should I define contrast in order to see where the controls' activity is greater than patients' activity? (1 -1)?

In order to compare the brain activity of patients before and afer the therapy, I do paired-ttest. I enter pairs in a sequence: before the therapy, after the therapy...
How should I define contrast in order to see where the patients' activity increased during the therapy (-1 1)?

Thank you in advance.

Petra Tomse