Perhaps the SPM2 addon 'Design Magick' by my colleage Matthijs Vink is
helpful there? It can compute factor-specific as well as overall
dependencies as expressed in the R^2 values, also for multicollinearity.
I believe one day there might also be a SPM5 version, but that is still
in the workings...

It is on the SPM extensions page.

Good luck,

Bas

Jason Steffener schreef:
> Hello all,
> I am interested in comparing different design matrices for modeling the different phases of a delayed match to sample experiment. As the trial phases occur one right after the other, there is some correlation between the different phases. Is there a way to quantify the specificity of a design for comparison to alternate designs? Therefore, I want to make sure that task related signal change associated with one task phase is specific to that task phase and not actually occurring during a different phase of the experiment.
>
> Thank you very much,
> Jason.

Dr. S.F.W. Neggers
Division of Brain Research
Rudolf Magnus Institute for Neuroscience
Utrecht University Medical Center

Visiting : Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht
           Room B.01.1.03
Mail     : Huispost B.01.206, P.O. Box 85500
           3508 GA Utrecht, the Netherlands
Tel      : +31 (0)30 2509609
Fax      : +31 (0)30 2505443
E-mail   : [log in to unmask]