No one has still given me a good reason why we can't just use any
number of spatial partitions 'as is'.

I don't see the Geographers worry about a formal definition of a road
centre line or a land parcel. No one asks for a formal proof of road
centre line being unique.

Each time I ask for a response on how comparable two maps of road
centre lines made by two different operators from the same
photography all I get is silence. With out some base line for
comparison making any statements about the reproducibility of the
axial map is irrelevant.

Still I think that my current work on finding community-
neighbourhoods in axial lines could make a significant contribution
to finding effectively rooms in buildings. The problem is that all
the graph-neighbourhood finding algorithms tend to want to know how
many rooms you want to find in advance.

sheep