Dear All

I am forwarding a message from the Secretary of COST Action A34: Gender
and wellbeing: work, family and public policies.

I have removed the attachments but if you would like to offer a paper for
the Madrid symposium, please view the Call for Papers on the Action's
website at http://www.ub.es/tig/GWBNet/.

With best wishes, Bernard.

Dear friends,

Due to multiple requests, on behalf of the Organising Committee of the
Fourth Symposium of the Action: "Gender and Well Being: The Role of
Institutions from past to present" (Madrid, Spain, on 25th-27th June
2008), we inform you that the call for papers -you will find it attached-
has been extended until 10th OCTOBER 2007.

We should be very grateful if you would circulate this call for papers
amongst the experts you consider they could be interested in participating
in this Fourth Symposium.

In order to ensure a coherent programme of papers, we would like to ask
already everyone who wishes to take part to prepare a short abstract (400
words) containing the title of his/her paper and a summary of its main
aims and objectives.

The Organising Committee will have to make a choice of papers as we would
like to work in plenary sessions to facilitate interdisciplinary and
international discussion. In the selection of papers, we will particularly
consider discussions addressing the issues within a national and perhaps
international context. Finally, we will give equal representation to
participating states to the symposium as the COST policies require.
Selection of abstracts will be made by the end of October 2007 and will be
communicated to authors before 15th November.

Paper givers should send their papers no later than 26th May, 2008.

Funds for this symposium are limited and, while we are hopeful of being
able to meet the travel and accommodation costs of as many participants as
possible, we may not be able to do this in all cases. It would therefore
be very helpful if you could provide an estimate of your likely travel
costs, together with an indication of any additional resources on which
you may be able to call. We will construct our own estimate of
accommodation costs based on standard COST allowances.

When submitting an abstract, please enter the text into the attached form
(ProposalForm.doc) and rename the document so that it can be easily
identified by the name or names of the author or authors (so, for example,
Antonella Picchio’s abstract can be identified as picchio-
abstract4thsymposium.doc (or txt, or pdf).

My best wishes,

Concepción Villar
SECRETARIAT COST ACTION A-34

Gender and Well-Being: Work, Family and Public Policies
http://www.ub.es/tig/GWBNet/

Department of Contemporary History
Faculty of Geography, History and Philosophy University of Barcelona
c/Montalegre 6-8 08001 Barcelona SPAIN