David Jury has posted the further usage in "Kim":
" He learned to wash himself with the Levitical scrupulosity of the
native-born, who in his heart considers the Englishman rather dirty."

Thanks. Here with the dictionary capital L. The Book of Leviticus has
numerous references to washing and cleanness, so I think this is a
more conventional use of the term.  Both here and in the Bull story I
see a clear Biblical reference, not merely "meticulous" [per Michael
& Mary].  My Roget's Thesaurus [1967] does not index "Levitical",
confirming that it is an unusual term.

Bryan