Fearing this may may have gone before but 'Name of the Rose ' by Umberto Eco must be the classic to demonstrate the power of information control

Martin

________________________________

Sent: Fri 21/09/2007 13:24
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: RM in cinema.

·         The Lives of Others - record-keeping being a staple of an effective fascist regime...

·         Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - who had the notebook? Did they check it out? Or update the location??

·         Lord of the Rings: which one?? - Gandalf flicking through the archives of Minas Tirith (with I might add a naked flame and a lot of dust). A good search engine would have found the answer.

·         Sahara - Penelope Cruz uses events to find dates (not the other way around) - innovative use of metadata

·         Memento - Guy Pierce keeps the record of his life on his own body

Yay Friday afternoon!

Liz Scott-Wilson

Metataxis Limited

+44 (0)7746 815 317

www.metataxis.com <http://www.metataxis.com/>

Designing the Information-Centric Environment

Registered in England and Wales, Company Number 4356463

Registered Address: 53 Cavendish Road, London SW12 0BL