From: "Lin Allkins" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 3:43 PM
Subject: Retention of Back up Tapes

Hi All,
I have been asked the question of how long to retain back up tapes from our
electronic systems.
We seem to be keeping the monthly back up tapes for seven years, although
no one really knows why.
Are there any rules, regulations, legislation etc. that gives a retention
for back up tapes.

All replies, on or off list,  gratefully received.

Regards

Lin Allkins
Records Manager
West Mercia Constabulary