On 9/24/07, Alex Fenton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> You might want to evaluate Weft QDA : http://www.pressure.to/qda/
>
> It is designed for text (only) analysis and is comparatively limited in
> features compared to NVivo or Atlas, for example. However, it also runs
> well on older hardware, well below the specifications you give as an
> example. With a more basic/focussed set of features it is also probably
> easier to learn.

Khozapi

I use Weft QDA if I'm working on a simple project and don't need the
video etc facilities of other software. It's simple and easy to learn;
you could be up and running after a few hours practice which - at
least for me - wasn't the same with more complex software.

I suggest you download it anyway and then use it to teach yourself
QDA. That's what I did and I found it much easier than I expected to
get into NVivo and other software.

Mike