Dear all,

You may be interested in the following job opportunity at Breakthrough Breast Cancer:

Head of Research Programmes and Projects
£37,000 - £41,000 pa
London , WC1

Breakthrough Breast Cancer is one of the UK's most progressive charities and the largest dedicated funder of breast cancer research in the country. We offer a vibrant, forward thinking, creative environment where achievement is celebrated and people are at the centre of everything we do.

In this senior and high-profile role you'll oversee the management of all funded research, including programmes, fellowships and projects, while handling relationships with grant holders. You will also take the helm in supporting the development of Breakthrough Generations - the largest study ever undertaken into the causes of breast cancer. In short, you will be an authority on breast cancer and its related issues, both within and outside the organisation, and act as the vital link between fundraisers and research scientists.

You'll therefore need proven medical research experience, preferably post-doctoral, and should be well-versed in the cancer field. Moreover, since you'll be liaising with colleagues and partners from both scientific and non-scientific backgrounds, you must be a confident and accomplished communicator with good influencing skills.

This is a truly pivotal role in an organisation that's very well respected both in the scientific community and beyond. You'll find it as rewarding as it is challenging.

In addition to all UK Bank Holidays we offer 25 days annual leave, plus all working days between Christmas and New Year.

We also offer a contributory pension scheme.

For further information and for details on how to apply, please visit our website at: www.breakthrough.org.uk/careers or call 020 7280 4257.

Closing date: 12 October 2007
Interview date: 24 October 2007

Our vision is a future free from the fear of breast cancer

Dr. Sarah Cant

Policy Manager (Research & Risk Factors)

Breakthrough Breast Cancer

3rd Floor Weston House

246 High Holborn

London

WC1V 7EX

Tel: 020 7025 2484

http://www.breakthrough.org.uk/

Do you want to make a difference to your local breast cancer services?

If so, visit http://www.breakthrough.org.uk/you_can_help/campaign_with_us/ and join

Breakthrough Breast Cancer’s Campaigns & Advocacy Network (Breakthrough CAN).

Breakthrough CAN is a network of over 800 individuals and organisations campaigning to improve breast cancer services, treatments and research across the UK.

Breakthrough CAN is FREE to join and all our members have access to free training events, exclusive publications and the support and expertise of the Breakthrough CAN team.

Yahoo! Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try it now. ********************************************************************** 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message: set psci-com nomail 2. To resume email from the list, send the following message: set psci-com mail 3. To leave psci-com, send an email to [log in to unmask] with the message: leave psci-com 4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive, can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html 5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science and society can be found at http://psci-com.ac.uk **********************************************************************