Dear colleagues,
I am pleased to announce the launch of a new British Council website
called Talking Science:
http://www.britishcouncil.org/talkingscience.htm, which provides
up-to-date information and links to the latest ideas in science
communication in the UK. The site is aimed at an international audience
of science communicators, including science journalists, science museum
and science centre staff, science festival organisers and performers,
and scientists who wish to develop their skills at communicating with a
wider audience outside the scientific community.
Visitors to the site can learn more about UK science centres and events;
how science is reported in the UK media; professional development
opportunities in science communication and about public engagement and
policy.
Talking Science will, in the next few months, also develop an
interactive forum, enabling an online global community of science
communicators to exchange information and ideas, and provide networking
and professional development opportunities.
Although the site is aimed at an international rather than a UK
audience, we would very much appreciate your feedback. If you have any
suggestions or comments about the site, and about how the interactive
networking aspect might be used, please let me know.

Michael White
Adviser, Life Sciences, Science Policy and Science Communication

Science Department British Council
Bridgewater House, 58 Whitworth Street
Manchester M1 6BB, UK

T +44 (0)161 957 7018
F +44 (0)161 957 7363
E [log in to unmask]
http://www.britishcouncil.org/science

This message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it.The British Council accepts no liability for loss or damage caused by software viruses and you are advised to carry out a virus check on any attachments contained in this message. Our purpose is to build mutually beneficial relationships between people in the UK and other countries and to increase appreciation of the UK's creative ideas and achievements. The British Council is registered in England as a charity.