Dear Lori,

Yes indeed.

Perhaps it is actually not the absence but the presence of competitiveness
and associated hungriness for workers that is 'causing' deep-seated social
problems. Perhaps an exposure of the fallacious logic that underlies
Leahy's propositions is what is needed to alleviate the harm it does. If we
can educate ourselves in a way that helps us to see though such
self-perpetuating false impressions, maybe there can yet be hope for
humanity. Let's hope so. Perhaps we shouldn't pay too much attention to
Leahy and his like, by recognising that there is far, far more to education
than superficial appearances.

Warmest

Alan

--On 21 September 2007 10:32 +0100 "Beckett, Lori"