Dear Colleagues,
I would like to bring to your attention a new, permanent 0.5 Lectureship/Senior Lectureship in Italian at Nottingham Trent University, details of which can be found on www.jobs.ac.uk. At the moment of writing the post should appear on the website today (Monday, September 10th; if it is not there on Sept. 10th it will be in the next few days - please keep checking!). The deadline for applications to reach NTU is September 21st (or thereabouts), the start date is January 1st, 2008 (or as soon as possible thereafter).

It is an extremely positive sign, and an indication of NTU's commitment to Languages that, in these times of 'vacche magre', NTU is investing in the future of Italian (two more 0.5 posts have already been advertised, one in German and one in Spanish); it is my sincere hope that this 0.5 post can eventually become a full time post.
We are looking for someone enthusiastic and committed. If you are that person, please do apply; if you know someone who is, please bring the post to their attention, and encourage them to apply. I look forward to many applications. Thank you.

Grazie e buon lavoro

Emanuela
Emanuela Cervato
Subject leader and Year abroad coordinator