While I was searching in vain for the image Carlos
sought, I happened upon this image:
http://sites.ecosse.net/spandsacos/allnew/art/matt1.jpg
It is Saint Matthew and, for what it's worth, the halo
bears a great resemblance to the Januarius one in
question at the moment.
When I first saw the catacomb image, I thought it was
Christ in the center, Mary at the right, and the
smaller figure at the left, a saint. My thinking was
that they were "sized" according to their importance
or status.
MG

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]