Apologies for cross-posting

**********

The latest news from the British Universities Film & Video Council is now
available:

Learning on Screen Conference - York 18-19 March 2008

BUFVC's Learning on Screen 2008 conference and awards ceremony will take
place at the National Science Learning Centre, University of York, 18-19
March 2008. The conference will mark the sixtieth anniversary of the BUFVC
and will explore the following themes relating to the use of moving image,
sound and related media in education and research:

www.bufvc.ac.uk/news

Luke McKernan moving to the British Library

BUFVC's Head of Information, Luke McKernan, is to leave the BUFVC at the end
of November to become the first Curator, Moving Images at The British
Library.

www.bufvc.ac.uk/news

BUFVC to work on new project with Scottish Screen Archive

The BUFVC is to work with the Scottish Screen Archive, part of the National
Library of Scotland, to digitise a collection of archive films for online
delivery.

www.bufvc.ac.uk/news

UK Screen Heritage Network Survey

The UK Screen Heritage Network is embarking on a major project, managed by
the BUFVC, to identify those institutions in the UK with collections of
moving image and screen-related artefacts.

www.bufvc.ac.uk/news

Future of Screen Heritage in the UK

The BUFVC is also involved in a symposium to discuss strategic issues
relating to the long-term future of our moving image and screen heritage,
taking place on 22 September at Roehampton University.

www.bufvc.ac.uk/news

Newsfilm Online

The Newsfilm Online digitisation project, managed in its ingest phase by the
BUFVC, left ITN at the end of March. Since then, data has been delivered to
the National Data Centre EDINA for planned delivery under JISC management to
the UK higher and further education community from January 2008.

www.bufvc.ac.uk/news

BUFVC Online Databases

Problems may have been experienced by users of some BUFVC online databases
recently as we move to upgrade our entire system.

www.bufvc.ac.uk/news