Dear All,

(Apologies for duplication MCN/MCG subscribers)

I am hoping you can help me find what I would in short describe as an
inspirational (digital) archive. Models for us to follow.

I am referring to the kind of resource that will facilitate both novice and
expert users in discovering resources. Too often,  I have seen archives rely
on in-depth knowledge on the part of the user, to come up with precise terms
that happen to coincide with keywords or descriptions. I understand taxonomy
and tagging have roles to play that can help here, but what's being used to
good effect now?

Furthermore, the resource should allow browsing as a way of
discovering/honing-in on areas of interest.

Art world archives would be ideal, but any state-of-the-art resource will
do.

I checked back through the last few months of my mailings, and aside from
conference invitations that sound pretty exciting, did not find what I'm
looking for.

Many thanks.

--
- Ray

Ray Shah
think design, inc.
retail museum education software development open source
tel: 212.922.0952 x212 mobile: 917.476.0952
web: http://www.thinkdesign.com

email:  [log in to unmask]