Apologies for cross posting - please forward where appropriate.

Hello all,

Public Health is one of three key policy themes for CILIP.  In support of this a small group of members have been working with Guy Daines to help CILIP develop a policy and advocacy strategy related to this important cross sectoral area.

As part of this work I am now looking to the wider library community to help us build a collection of examples, case studies and evidence.  I have set up a wiki with examples from both a fringe event we staged at Umbrella and other research.  It includes links to two substantial reviews in this area which form an excellent starting point.

I would like to invite you to examine it, deepen the examples given and add new ones.  Many of the examples currently are from the Health and Public Library sectors it would be great to receive some from other areas - schools, prisons etc

The link below will take you directly into the wiki with no need for a password to start editing.  You will notice a box at the foot of the edit page where you can enter your name and email address so that your changes are trackable to you.

http://lispublichealth.pbwiki.com/?full_access=2qN9hMmwX7&l=S

If you have any difficulties using the wiki - do drop me a line and I will be glad to help.

Thanks

Alan

Alan Fricker

Knowledge & Library Service Manager

Newham University Hospital NHS Trust

www.newlib.demon.co.uk

Tel: 020 7363 8016

Check out the new Well @ Work collection - books and DVDs to support a healthier work and home life

Newham University Hospital NHS Trust is a smoke free organisation.
If you live or work in Newham and want free advice about how to quit,
call the Stop Smoking Team for help on 0800 013 1673
or email: [log in to unmask]
The Information contained in this message is confidential and is
intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message
in error or there are any problems please notify the originator
immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration
of this message is strictly forbidden. This mail and any attachments
have been scanned for viruses prior to leaving the Newham University
Hospital NHS Trust network. Newham University Hospital NHS Trust
will not be liable for direct, special, indirect or consequential damages
arising from alteration of the contents of this message by a third party
or as a result of any virus being passed on.