*Apologies for cross-posting*

Dear all,

Bishopsgate Institute is proud to announce the launch of a new online
resource 'The Life of Arthur Harding' which illustrates the life and
career of one of the East End's most notorious criminals. The website
uses a mixture of sound recordings, photographs and documents from our
collections to chronologically document Harding's life, from his
upbringing in The Nichol, an area infamous for its criminality and
poverty, to his eventual rehabilitation in the 1930s. It provides an
illuminating look at many of the major social issues of the time,
including crime, homelessness and gang violence, all of which still hold
a particular resonance today.

Access the resource at: www.bishopsgate.org.uk/arthurharding.

Elizabeth Pinel

Deputy Library Manager

Bishopsgate Institute

230 Bishopsgate

London

EC2M 4QH

T          020 7392 9276

F          020 7392 9275

E         [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

W        www.bishopsgate.org.uk <http://www.bishopsgate.org.uk/>

Bishopsgate Library offers free public access to its world-renowned
collections on London, labour and freethought

Join our email list for news and special offers
<http://www.bishopsgate.org.uk/registration.asp>

This message may contain privileged or confidential information and is
intended for the named addressee. If you have received this message in
error, please notify Bishopsgate Foundation & Institute by telephone on
020 7392 9200 (+44 20 7392 9200 from outside the U.K.). We reserve
the right to monitor emails in accordance with all relevant legislation and
we do not accept liability for any errors or viruses in this e-mail.