Dear Colleagues,
This message is to give notice of a Study Day on Italian cinema at Queen
Mary, University of London on Friday 25th January 2008. We hope to maintain
the momentum of the very successful 'Italy on Screen' conference that took
place at the IGRS in February of this year. Speakers for the Study Day will
consist of film colleagues at various stages of their research career
(postgraduate, postdoctoral, academics with several publications) who will
each present a paper on a current or completed research topic. In this way
we aim to gain better knowledge of the expertise already present in the
field of Italian Film studies. The second aim is to use the Study Day to
discuss questions of methodology and share knowledge of issues to do with
accessing materials through archives, cineteche and libraries both locally
and in Italy: these will be discussed in the afternoon Forum Session that
will conclude the day's proceedings. The Study Day will run from
approximately 10am to 6pm; a full programme is being finalised and will be
posted on the mailing list shortly, along with details of how to register.
In the meantime, please make a note of the date in your diaries.
with best wishes,
Pauline Small
--
Pauline Small
Centre for Film Studies,Arts Building,

To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME
to: [log in to unmask]
To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies
to: [log in to unmask]
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html