Dear Colleagues,

We have two more events scheduled for this year.

"Maintaining Products in Use", 20th September, Sheffield - EPSRC Network
on Product Life Spans seminar series

We are pleased to announce an excellent line-up of speakers for our next
seminar. There will be presentations by Paul Smith (FRN) on furniture and
appliance reuse, Mark Godson (ex-Mr Minit) and Emmeline Child (Emmeline
4Re) on footwear, Paul Nieuwenhuis (Cardiff University) on vehicles, Amy
Twigger-Holroyd (Keep and Share) and Annie Sherburne (Kingston University)
on clothing, Paul Tear (Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College) on
furniture conservation. Other speakers include Brian Burns on users, Tim
Cooper on policy, and Fiona Kelday on strategy. In addition to
presentations, there will be a group session to discuss key issues and
address challenges for repair and maintenance services.

Please visit our website for further details of the seminar, including an
online booking form: http://extra.shu.ac.uk/productlife/seminar_08.html.
If you would like to attend the event, we would be grateful if you booked
by Monday 17th September. The full programme will be available on the
website shortly.

"Changing the Way People Buy and Sell", 15th November, Sheffield - ESRC
Forecasts and Scenarios for a More Sustainable Society seminar series

The event is organized by the Centre for Sustainable Consumption in
collaboration with BRASS Centre at Cardiff University and Swansea
University. It will explore the potential benefits of sustainable
consumption models such as green consumerism, localization, product-
service systems, downsizing and 'slow consumption' for producers and
consumers. Keynote speakers include Julia Hailes, author of The New Green
Consumer Guide.

Please reserve this date in your diary now. Bookings can be made on our
website and will open at the end of September.

We look forward to your participation!

Kind regards,
Kenisha

_______________________________
Kenisha Garnett
Research Co-ordinator
Centre for Sustainable Consumption
Sheffield Hallam University
Howard Street
Sheffield S1 1WB

Telephone: +44 (0) 114 225 4582
Fax: +44 (0) 114 225 5036
CSC website: http://research.shu.ac.uk/csc/index.html
Network website: http://extra.shu.ac.uk/productlife/

To unsubscribe from this list please go to
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/industrial-ecology
or send the following command to [log in to unmask]
leave industrial-ecology