Hello

2nd query of the day.

We would like to have a 'pottery design' interactive in the new
pre-history gallery and prefer a physical/sensory one rather than using
IT. I know that you can get mattresses with memories but does anyone
know of a similar material for this interactive. We want visitors to use
a range of natural materials (shells, twigs, rope, bones etc) to imprint
onto a surface that mimics clay but we need it then to reform back into
a smooth surface - a bit like an etch-a-sketch.

Look forward to many interesting replies. If not, perhaps I could invent
it myself and make a fortune!

Gillian Mason
Exhibition Interpretation Co-ordinator
Great North Museum Project