Thank you to everyone for your responses, your advice has been gratefully
received.  This has caused a lot of discussion and we would just like to
clarify a few points.

Our loans collection has been collected separately from the museums
service (we inherited it from the LEA), therefore it contains material
that would not normally consider for loan. So, we are currently
considering the future of this object within our loans collection.  At
present we have no intention of creating a resource that uses this skull
but we need to decide if we could possibly use it in the future, if not
then we will need to consider appropriate disposal.

Thanks,

Tara