Hi Steve,
No, at the 2nd level i only did a mean of the 2 runs for each session for
each subject. So after the 2nd level analysis i have 21 session1 and 21
session2 Cope images.I want to find out if session1 results are reproducible
 in session2.so i did a paired group difference between all session1 vs
session2 at the 3rd level using FLAME. I didnt get any significant
difference in the roi's i specified( using FEATQUERY). at first glance this
indicates that the results of session1 are reproducible in session2.
However, i wanted to check if the COPE and VARCOPE were similar between the
2 sessions or not. So i did 2 separate 3rd level analyses to find group mean
of session1 and group mean of session2. I ran featquery using an ROI on
session1 group mean gfeat and session2 group mean gfeat and looked at the
90th percentile values for COPE and Varcope. the values were
                    Session1        Session2
COPE                  38                25
VARCOPE               19                20

As you can see, the varcope is the same but COPE value reduces in session2.
Therefore, shouldnt i expect to see significant differences in the paired
group difference 3rd level analysis knowing that the mean COPE between the
two sessions are different while varcopes are same?
-vish