From: Brian Patenaude <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:56 am
Subject: Re: [FSL] Correction: [FSL] FIRST failed to segment a T1 MRI

Hi,

Is there a much neck in the image? If so, this is probably the reason for
the failure at the first stage. If this is the case you have 2 options:

1) Crop the image. If you use this option you must input the cropped image
into run_first.

2) To create a mask omitting the lower portion of the image containing
neck (i.e. zero for neck region and 1 elsewhere ). Then use the -inweight
option in first_flirt, this will apply weighting mask to the input image
such that the region where the mask is 0 will not contribute to the cost
function. In this case run_first still takes in the uncropped image.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Brian