From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Steve Smith
Sent: Monday, 10 September 2007 5:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] tbss_3

Hi - yes and no:

You should be able to make this work by only merging some of the
images at a time (also you might change the merge command to use
avwmerge++). But then you would need to run certain steps in parallel
and some with the data fully combined - you'll have to play quite a
bit with the tbss scripts to do this. At the end you will have to
combine all the data to do the stats in randomise, and you are very
likely to run into the same problem then.

I would also suggest that you might cut down the field-of view once
everything is sampled into standard space - but given the huge number
of subjects that you have this probably won't cut things down enough.

In short - if you're prepared to get stuck into amending all the TBSS
scripts you might be able to make this work - but might get stuck at
the end with the randomise call. (Note that the new version of
randomise, which would be compatible with all your preprocessing
using FSL 3.3, can be run to use a lot less RAM than the old version
- but I bet it still will require too much for this number of subjects).

In short - it will be much easier to just find a 64-bit machine -
they're not expensive and increasingly neuroimaging analysis needs it!

Cheers.

---

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
---