I don't know if FSL is optimized or how it would compare to a dual
core2duo system, but we are running FSL 4 on a single core2quad system
(2.4 Ghz 6600 processor).  The OS is ubuntu 7.0.4.  It is very fast.
The load gets distributed among the 4 processor cores, which you can
see with the system monitor.  If you run a single process, it tends to
take up 100% of one core, but only a small percentage of the other.
But you can run 4 processes in about the same time as a single process.