Thanks for that Dan.

I was thinking along the same lines after seeing Martin's post.

What I would gladly do is share the framework that we finally settled upon
in the project that you mentioned.

After much deliberation we defined 13 unique themes, relevant to
evidence-based change in emergency medicine (KT) and then got down to the
work of developing recommendations and a research agenda for moving forward
in each area.  I've pasted all 13 below but am unsure whether this listserve
will support the table.

As was mentioned all 13 themes have now completed the work of publishing
their proceedings papers and you can access at least the work from the
Public health, pre-hospital and Health Policy group for the time being on
the AEM website as work in press and as free access publications at:
http://www.aemj.org/papbyrecent.shtml

Hope this helps and sorry not to be able to join you in Sicily,

Eddy

      Theme
     Global Question

      Ia. Guideline implementation

            and clinical pathways

     How can emergency medicine optimize evidence implementation and uptake
through the use of clinical practice guideline (CPG) implementation
strategies and critical pathways?

       Ib. Evidence syntheses and other

            promising KT methods
     What are the most effective pre-appraised and synthesized evidence
formats available in emergency medicine and what supplemental techniques
(e.g., academic detailing, audit and feedback, reminders) will enhance this
KT?

      IIa. Continuing Medical

             Education

             and self improvement
     What self improvement strategies and continuing professional
development initiatives are most conducive to the incorporation of
evidence-based interventions into the individual emergency physician's
practice?

      IIb. Cognitive, Social and

             Behavioral Perspectives
     How can cognitive, social, and behavioral issues inform the study of KT

      in emergency medicine?

       IIIa. Graduate Medical

               Education
     How can medical education strategies both at the graduate level promote
evidence implementation in graduating and future emergency physicians?

      IIIb.  Informatics and KT
     What are the characteristics of an ED-based informatics and decision
support system that can most effectively facilitate KT?

      IVa. Health Policy and KT
     What are the characteristics of health policy programs that promote the
incorporation of research evidence into the clinical practice of emegency
medicine and what recommendations will improve KT through health care
policy?

      IVb. Medicolegal and Ethical

               Considerations in KT
     At the macro level, what are the contributions that Bioethics can make
toward closing the evidence to practice gap?

      Va. International Emergency

             Medicine
     What are the most promising avenues to pursue in approximating the gap
between knowledge and practice in the delivery of emergency medical care
within the context of countries developing their emergency medical care
services capacity?

      Vb. Emergency Medical

             Services
     What are the most promising avenues to pursue in approximating the gap
between knowledge and practice in the delivery of emergency medical care in
the pre-hospital setting?

      Vc.  Public Health
     What are the unique contextual elements that need to be addressed in
order to bring proven preventative and other public health initiatives into
the ED setting?

      VIa.  Research principles and

                Methodology of KT

                Research
     What research directions and methodologies should be employed to
identify the most effective strategies for approximating the research to
practice gap in emergency medicine?

      VIb. Capacity development and

               Research Networks
     What approaches should be emphasized in order to develop capacity and
multi-center consortiums that will promote KT research in emergency
medicine?