Two towns which come to mind are Vancouver and Bath. Vancouver has big,
Bath has steep. I seem to remember big hills in Portland (Oregon, USA),
too. All cycling-good towns. It is pretty hilly around Northampton, MA
USA, a town known as the 'Athens of the East' because it has some five
major universities, and of course, lots of cyclists.
After you've died a few times climbing hills, you get better at it.
- Richard Ballantine