Sarah said:

> I'm curious to see if anyone has any other mappings between
> Dublin Core and LOM though, be they UK LOM Core related or otherwise.

The DCMI/IEEE LTSC Task Group has produced a draft mapping of the LOM to
DC

http://dublincore.org/educationwiki/DCMIIEEELTSCTaskforce/LomDCAMAnalysi

As I think we discussed in the meeting of the Task Group at DC-2007 in
Singapore, that version was created before the recent revision of the
DCMI Abstract Model so requires a few changes to take into account the
DCAM changes (but I think/hope those changes will be relatively minor).

I think one of the key points illustrated by that mapping (though we
should probably add a diagram to illustrate it a bit more clearly!) is
that a LOM instance maps to (in DCAM terms) a set of descriptions of
several different resources, and that is a fundamental factor in any
mapping between the two.

i.e. it's not really sufficient to say LOM element E maps to DC property
P, without also specifying which resource is being described using
property P.

Pete

---
Pete Johnston
Technical Researcher, Eduserv Foundation
Web: http://www.eduserv.org.uk/foundation/people/petejohnston/
Weblog: http://efoundations.typepad.com/efoundations/
Email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: +44 (0)1225 474323