From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Anthony Kearney
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 1:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Building-block problem

Hi all,

we are testing a BB building block for sending SMS messages. It works ok except that each time the BB services are restarted the module fails to work until an administrator goes to System Admin, Manage Building Blocks, and views the properties panel for it. Just opening and closing the properties panel once is sufficient to make the module spring into life and remain functioning until the next time BB is stopped/restarted when the process must be repeated. As we do a stop/start of the BB services each night during backups this could become a bit of a bore..

Does anyone know how building-blocks get started up by BB and could suggest a reason that this one needs a manual intervention to get it running?

We are running Blackboard Academic Suite release 6.3.1.593 on Solaris 10

Many thanks,

Anthony Kearney
Learning and Information Services
Thames Valley University