Hi all,

we are testing a BB building block for sending SMS messages. It works ok
except that each time the BB services are restarted the module fails to
work until an administrator goes to System Admin, Manage Building
Blocks, and views the properties panel for it. Just opening and closing
the properties panel once is sufficient to make the module spring into
life and remain functioning until the next time BB is stopped/restarted
when the process must be repeated. As we do a stop/start of the BB
services each night during backups this could become a bit of a bore..

Does anyone know how building-blocks get started up by BB and could
suggest a reason that this one needs a manual intervention to get it
running?

We are running Blackboard Academic Suite release 6.3.1.593 on Solaris 10

Many thanks,

Anthony Kearney
Learning and Information Services
Thames Valley University