Hi Chris,

Do you have the Community System ? Or the Learning System only.

Cathy
-----Original Message-----
From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of BOON, CHRIS
Sent: 18 September 2007 16:48
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Blackboard interface improvements

This may be a question best asked elsewhere, but thought I'd try it here first.

Does anybody have an example of an institution that has made Blackboard actually look good? We love the functionality of the system but our biggest complaint from users is that it looks clunky and old fashioned. We are making it a priority to address this but would love to hear from anybody who thinks they can offer an exemplar to work to.

We have added our own colours and logos to the interface, but were hoping to take the look-and-feel to the next level.  Has anyone experimented with creating ‘skins’ for Blackboard, or changing the interface beyond the choosing of colours and adding banners?

Many thanks,

Chris Boon

IT Services - Senior ILT Support Analyst
City College Norwich, NR2 2LJ
Tel : +44 (0)1603-773659
e-mail : [log in to unmask]

Internet communications are insecure, therefore City College Norwich (CCN)
does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any
views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of CCN.

This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named

recipient and may be confidential. If you are not the named recipient please
email the sender immediately then delete this message. You should not
disclose the content, distribute or retain any copies of this message.

City College Norwich, Ipswich Rd., Norwich, Norfolk. NR2 2LJ.

http://www.ccn.ac.uk