From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Steven Davies
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 1:25 PM
Subject: RM in cinema - Lord of the Rings

Dear All

Just to throw this a little wider - a good clip to use for both RM and Archives is found in "The Fellowship of the Ring"

In a clip lasting only a few seconds, Gandalf is shown into an archive where just about everything that can be done wrong in an archive, happens...

And of course...the archives are at the bottom of a winding stair, in some dungeon!

The vital document is in there somewhere, and he eventually finds it, and without the information contained within it the good guys would have lost, it would have been the end of the world etc...very valuable archives then, strange how they were not being cared for properly!

Seriously, though, I think it would make a good clip for a training video ("spot the mistakes...") if anyone wants to negotiate the use of it with New Line Cinema, particularly given the popularity of the film

Steven Davies
Archivist

Flintshire Record Office

James Lowry <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: "Archivists, conservators and records managers." <[log in to unmask]>

21/09/2007 12:41
Please respond to
James Lowry <[log in to unmask]>

cc
Subject
RM in cinema.

Again, apologies for cross-posting.

Further to my recent enquiry on this list about records management training videos, I am trying now to think of films or television programmes that portray the practice or effects of record keeping (good or bad). I have seen a number of espionage/political thriller films like this, but can't remember any of the titles.

I've seen this topic discussed on this list before, so I apologise for returning to the subject again.

Can anyone recommend to me, perhaps off list, any films that might illustrate records management fundamentals?

Thanks in advance,

James Lowry.

Watch Today! Roast a Rock Star: watch video interviews with hot music acts.

Opinions advice, conclusions and other information in this

message that do not relate to the official business of

Flintshire County Council shall be understood as neither

given nor endorsed by it or on its behalf, and consequently

Flintshire County Council shall bear no responsibility

whatsoever in respect thereof.

Deellir na fydd unrhyw safbwyntiau, na chynghorion, na

chasgliadau nac unrhyw wybodaeth arall yn y neges hon,

nad ydynt yn berthnasol i waith swyddogol

Cyngor Sir y Fflint, yn cael eu cynnig na'u cadarnhau ganddo

nac ar ei ran, ac felly ni fydd Cyngor Sir y Fflint yn derbyn

unrhyw gyfrifoldeb am y rhannau hynny o'r neges.