Apologies for cross posting,

The Society of Archivists in Scotland has devised a questionnaire about what
work experience opportunities archive services in Scotland currently offer.
The aim is to gather statistical information on current archive, records
management and archive conservation work experience in Scotland that will
help identify how such opportunities can be supported and extended in the
future. We are therefore asking all relevant services in Scotland to respond
to this questionnaire. Even if your service does not offer any placements we
would be interested in hearing from you, as we want to get as complete a
picture as possible.

Some services have already been approached directly but, if your service has
not been contacted, you can obtain a copy of the questionnaire from the
Society of Archivists website at
http://www.archives.org.uk/resources/workexpopportunity09-07.doc .

Our deadline for responses is Friday, 12th of October. You can return it by
e-mail or post using the details at the end of the questionnaire. The
results will initially be submitted to the Executive Committee of the
Society of Archivists in Scotland but may be shared with other interested
bodies in the future.

It is stressed that the questionnaire is only for research purposes; it is
not to collect and advertise details of placements. No public commitment is
made in answering any of the questions.

If you have any problems in accessing the document on the Society of
Archivists’ web page for the Scottish Region then please contact me direct
and I can forward a copy to you.

Finally, if you have any questions about this questionnaire please feel free
to contact me, otherwise thank you for time and co-operation,

Yours sincerely,

Henry Sullivan
Regional Careers Officer
Society of Archivists, Scotland