From: Archivists, conservators and records managers. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Susan Em
Sent: 21 September 2007 14:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: RM in cinema

"Defence of the Realm" has Gabriel Byrne trying the old cough-loudly-while-ripping-out-a-record trick when investigating a government cover-up. Also, Abel Ganz's "Napoleon" has a scene in a vast records centre, where staff are pulled up and down on rope pulleys to find or return records; the focus is on one worker who surreptitiously ate the records of aristocrats so that the revolutionaries would not identify and execute them. I read (afraid I cannot now recall the source) of a similar response to the possible use of archives by Dutch archivists who misfiled, though didn't destroy, records of Jewish citizens, in order to protect them from the Nazi regime.

Susan Em

Records Manager
Royal Pharmaceutical Society of GB
Tel: 020 7572 2212
Fax: 020 7572 2499

CONFIDENTIALITY
The information contained in these documents is confidential and is intended for exclusive use of the addressee(s).  If you are not the addressee, any of use of these documents is unauthorised and prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please contact me directly by phone.